Thursday, May 29, 2008

Homemade Dog Food Recipes

Sometimes a recipe posted here may look like real people food, but the healthy homemade dog food recipees have been modified to suit a dog's special diet needs.

For instance, to modify my family recipes so they are healthy homemade dog food recipess, first of all I look through the recipe to see what foods my dog shouldn't eat. Then I make the modifications to the recipe. My usual meatloaf recipe would contain onions, salt, and brown sugar. Onions are not good for a dog, and she shouldn't have sugar or salt. I modified my meatloaf recipe, and left out the onions, salt, and brown sugar.

Personally, I don't like mixed vegetables in my soups and stews, but I keep frozen mixed vegetables on hand to add to soups and stews for my pooch. Frozen vegetables don't usually contain extra salt, so they are better for homemade dog food recipees, than canned vegetables are.

When I modify my homemade dog food recipees, I sometimes substitute beef or chicken broth for milk. If you do a substitution in your own recipes, be sure to keep the liquid measurements the same.

I feel better knowing I'm serving my animals healthy foods, made with healthy, wholesome ingredients.

No comments:

Homemade Dog Food Recipes

In order to feed my pets healthy foods, I think it's best if I make dog food in my own kitchen. I have a lot of recipes I will be sharing.

Check with your vet for more information about your dog's nutritional needs.