Thursday, May 29, 2008

Meatloaf Dog Food Recipe

Dogs need a variety of food, just like we do. You should include a variet of meat, grains, and vegetables in their diet.

This is an easy homemade meatloaf recipe my dog loves. It has meat, grains, and vegies baked right into it. I bake this ahead of time. When it's cool I serve up one serving, and I slice the rest of it into serving size slices. I label it so I know what it is, and when it was made.

Keeping a variety of homemade dog food in my freezer, means my dog doesn't get bored with her meals.

Homemade Meatloaf

2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup mixed vegetables
1/2 cup mashed potatoes
2 teaspoons parsley
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon yellow mustard

Combine eggs, and milk.
Stir in oatmeal, parsley, pepper,
Add beef and mix well using wet hands. Place in a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
Bake in a 350F oven for 1 1/4 hours. Drain off any excess fat.
Mix together ketchup and mustard and spread over meatloaf.
Return to oven for 10 minutes.
Cool completely and store in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Homemade Dog Food Recipes

In order to feed my pets healthy foods, I think it's best if I make dog food in my own kitchen. I have a lot of recipes I will be sharing.

Check with your vet for more information about your dog's nutritional needs.